HEALTH BENEFITS NG DAHON NG BAYABAS: PTPA Ctto
- PAMPAPAYAT "the carbs must be broken down in the liver for use by the body and guava leaves prevent the transition of carbohydrates to usable compounds."
- NAKABUBUTI SA MGA MAY DIABETES "According to research conducted by the Yakult Central Institute in Japan, guava leaf tea can effectively lower blood glucose in diabetics by reducing the alpha-glucosidease enzyme activity. Moreover, it prevents the absorption of sucrose and maltose by the body, thereby lowering blood sugar levels. Drinking guava leaf tea for 12 weeks lowers the blood sugar levels without increasing insulin production."
- PAMPABABA NG KOLESTEROL Research has proved that drinking guava leaf tea for 3 months can lead to reduction in LDL or bad cholesterol and triglycerides without any adverse effect on good cholesterol. Besides, the guava leaves are a great liver tonic.
- PAMPALAKAS NG RESISTENSIYA Due to its high vitamin C content, guava plays an important role in improving your immunity. Your immunity is your body’s defense mechanism that protects it from numerous diseases and infections. In addition, guava’s anti-inflammatory action and its ability to inhibit inflammatory molecules like prostaglandins help keep you disease free. Eat 1 guava daily to develop resistance against common diseases like coughs, colds and the flu. You can also enjoy guava in smoothies or salads, or drink a cup of tea made from guava leaves daily.
- IWAS SA KANSER The anticancer or antitumor properties of guava come from the compounds like lycopene, quercetin, vitamin C and various polyphenols present in it. These compounds work as potent antioxidants that help neutralize free-radical damage in the body, which can cause cancer. According to a 2010 study published in the journal Nutrition and Cancer, researchers concluded that guava extract could help reduce the size of prostate tumors. In fact, regular intake of guava extract can help reduce the incidence of prostate cancer in men. Regular intake of guava can also help prevent other types of cancer, including breast, mouth, skin, stomach, colon and lung cancer.
- PARA SA MAY DENGUE Guava leaves are considered a natural remedy for dengue fever. This is because guava leaf extract can increase the number of platelets in the blood and is not toxic at all. For this purpose 9 pieces of guava leaves should be boiled in 5 cups of water until 3 cups of water is left. After straining and cooling, a cup of this concoction should be given to the patient thrice a day.
- PROSTATE CANCER Guava leaves can be beneficial in case of prostate cancer and enlargement.
- LUNAS SA ALLERGIES Guava leaves prevent the release of histamine. Moreover, the compounds found in guava leaves are effective in blocking all allergic reactions.
- PINANANATILING MAGANDA ANG KUTIS Guava, especially red guava, contains strong antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals that can damage your body at the cellular level. This can lead to signs of aging like wrinkled and saggy skin, dryness and a dull complexion. The vitamin C in guava stimulates production of collagen and elastin, the structural proteins that help keep your skin firm and elastic. Moreover, the astringent properties in unripe guava and the guava leaves help improve skin texture, protect it from the damaging effects of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and prevent problems like acne and pimples. Eat guava daily to enjoy healthy skin. You can also rinse your skin with a decoction made of immature fruit and leaves